Once again the Hallmark-pushed kitsch-fest is here, filled with cupids, flowers, candlelight dinners, mushy cards, plush toys, and chocolate galore. If you are fed up with the barrage of Valentine’s Day specials, this anti-valentine mixtape with 20 songs about lamenting, venting and resenting is for you, may you be a morose, heartbroken miserablist or a revenge-seeking hater.
So, this year celebrate or commiserate by listening to this anti-valentine mixtape that features songs by Bright Eyes, The Cure, Franz Ferdinand, Glasvegas, Editors, and other exciting bands. The lovebirds may have their day, but at least you get the better tunes.
- Bright Eyes – Take It Easy (Love Nothing)
- The Cure – I Just Need Myself
- Dragons – Where Is The Love
- Eagle Seagull – I’m Sorry, But I’m Beginning To Hate Your Face
- Editors – You Don’t Know Love
- Electrocute – Tales Of Ordinary Sadness
- Franz Ferdinand – Cheating On You
- Glasvegas – Fuck You, It’s Over
- Hot Hot Heat – Goodnight
- Hybrid – If I Survive
- James – We’re Going To Miss You
- Kaiser Chiefs – Every Day I Love You Less And Less
- Lush feat. Jarvis Cocker – Ciao!
- The Magnetic Fields – I Thought You Were My Boyfriend
- Marilyn Manson – Para-Noir
- Nine Inch Nails – Head Like A Hole
- Placebo – Song To Say Goodbye
- The Prodigy – Fuel My Fire (L7 cover)
- Pulp – Death II
- VAST – Pretty When You Cry